About the Artist
11667 Mercersburg Rd
Mercersburg, PA 17236
I began my formal study of art at a small community college in rural Maryland. I became a serious art student after several semesters studying painting, scuplture, and drawing. I continued my formal studies at the Corcoran School of art in Washington, D.C. It was at the Corcoran that I was introduced to clay as a sculptural media. From that time I have pursued clay as a primary medium. I have established a love for wheel-throwing, hand-building, and blending color, form, and esthetic beauty with the art of function.
I hand-build and throw on an electric potter's wheel in stoneware and porcelain. I fire my pots to cone 6 in an electric kiln.
I have worked and studied at Hagerstown Community College, where I was the studio assistant to Ben Culbertson, and was able through his guidance to sharpen my professional craftsmanship.
I work now in my private studio and have shown my work at:
- The Pen and Brush Gallery, Greenwich Village, New York
- The Swiss Embassy, Washington, D.C.
- The Corcoran Gallery, Washington, D.C.
- The Museum of Modern Art, Washington, D.C.
- Gallery 7, Greencastle, PA
- The Kaleidoscope Gallery, Chambersburg, PA